Prerequisite Opportunity: ReStore volunteers needed for Atlanta Habitat for Humanity
Civic & Community,
Age Minimum (with Adult) - 16, Minimum Age - 16+, Court Ordered Volunteer - Allowed, Skill Category - N/A
ReStore volunteers needed for Atlanta Habitat for HumanityAtlanta Habitat for Humanity partners with working families, sponsors, and communities to build affordable, green, quality homes and to provide support services that promote successful home purchase and ownership.
To get started:
- Please Express Interest below. You will then be emailed information on how to register. Please note: Expressing Interest in a shift DOES NOT mean you are registered for a shift. You must finalize your registration through Atlanta Habitat's online registration system.
• If you need community service hours-- court or school related-- please fill out an application at http://www.atlantahabitat.org/community-service/. Otherwise your hours may not be tracked.
- More information will be provided once you finalize your registration through Atlanta Habitat's website.
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to multi-task & be a self-starter
• Must be at least 16 years old
Full (10:00am-5:30pm) are available Tuesdays-Saturdays.
We ask everyone who signs-up for a shift as a ReStore Volunteer to commit to working the entire shift.
Help the ReStore operate effectively by providing general support on the sales floor and loading dock.
Outline of Sales Support Volunteer Responsibilities:
• Price items, stock shelves and display merchandise
• Help customers find and select items
• Maintain store appearance (i.e. straighten, organize and clean)
• Provide superior customer service
• Serve as a good ambassador for Atlanta Habitat and the ReStore
Outline of Loading Dock Volunteer Responsibilities:
• Help customers load purchases into their vehicles
• Unload donations and clean recently donated items
• Move merchandise from the loading dock and storage out to the sales floor
• Organize and arrange merchandise on the sales floor