Prerequisite Opportunity: Kashi Atlanta Kids Art Program at Egleston Children's Hospital
Arts & Culture, Children & Youth Education
People with Health-based Concerns
Age Minimum (with Adult) - 18, Minimum Age - 18+, Skill Category - N/A
Kashi Atlanta Kids Art Program at Egleston Children's HospitalShare your art with a child! Kashi Atlanta educates and provides relief to all members of the community based on the yogic principles of health and healing, meditation and inner growth, and compassion and community service. Volunteers are needed to assist hospitalized children as they create arts & crafts projects.
Please abide by the following guidelines when you are volunteering with this project:
• Guests who visit patient care areas must be at least 18 years old.
• No one in the group may be sick (cold, diarrhea, runny nose).
• Please plan to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your activity, as patients and families are ready to begin at the scheduled time.
• Please refrain from any personal questions to our patients and families regarding their illness or injury.
• Do not ask why patients are here or when they will go home.
• Do not take any photos without a signed photo release form.
• Everyone must wash hands before and after any patient interaction.
• Group members must not give out personal phone numbers or addresses to patients and families.
• Due to the patients’ dietary restrictions, guests are not allowed to bring food items into the hospital.
• Guests need to adhere to the Volunteer Services policy regarding dress code (no shorts, tank tops, jeans, low-cut blouses or sandals).
When you arrive at Egleston Hospital, please go directly to classroom 5 in building 1, which is accessible from the new visitor parking. When driving to Children’s at Egleston, simply follow the signs to Visitor Parking, which is accessible from Uppergate Road. (Uppergate Road is off Clifton Road.) Remember to bring your parking ticket with you and have it validated by volunteer services. If the project coordinators are not present when you arrive, please wait in classroom 5 until they arrive.
For Scottish Rite, please go to the front desk of the lobby and ask for directions to the Child Life Zone on the basement floor level of the hospital. Be sure to bring your parking ticket with you. The volunteer office can validate it.