Become a Member
Becoming a member (volunteer) of Hands On Atlanta is easy. Simply register yourself and create an account by clicking on the "Sign Up/Registration" link at the left. It does not cost anything and your information will be kept private and secure. A few things to note before creating your account:
- Your password must be at least eight characters.
- You must enter your birthdate in DD/MM/YYYY format.
- The email address you enter will be your username to login in the future.
- If during registration you receive a message that your email address is already in use, then click on the LOGIN button at the top right of the page, and enter your email address. If you do not know the password for your account, then click "Forgot Password" and password reset instructions will be emailed to you.
Does it cost me anything to volunteer with Hands On Atlanta?
No, volunteers are not asked to pay a fee. But did you know that there is a monetary cost to connecting volunteers to meaningful service opportunities? Some of our most committed volunteers are also our biggest individual donors. Please consider making a tax-deductible donation to support volunteerism and help make Hands On Atlanta even stronger.
- Special Events: 9/11 Day of Service, Hands On Atlanta Day, Martin Luther King, Jr. Service Summit, Global Youth Service Day
- Citizen Projects: Ongoing/year-round service opportunities to make a difference in children’s education, economic self-sufficiency (for families & adults), health and the environment.
- springBoard/HandsOn Tech: Pro bono consulting projects for business and IT professionals
How much time do I have to commit each month?
It's entirely up to you. Our goal is to make volunteering easy for everyone to fit into their busy schedules, so we offer projects with varying commitment levels. You can volunteer as much or as little as you like based on your availability and interests. Click here to read more about the different volunteer options we offer.
- You can quickly and easily sign up for volunteer opportunities that need your time, skills, talents, and enthusiasm.
- Opportunity details (including directions) are emailed to you immediately once you sign up for a project.
- You will receive a reminder email before the project date.
- You can easily remove yourself from opportunities you are no longer able to attend.
- You can view and modify your personal information including contact information, skills and interests.
- You can easily view your volunteer history.
Click on "Find an Opportunity" - located in the blue menu above left - to search opportunities or browse our Opportunity Calendar. Once you find a project that you'd like to participate in, click on "Sign Up" or "Express Interest" located at the bottom of the opportunity description.
If you choose a Sign Up opportunity, you can sign up directly for that project. You will receive a confirmation email with directions and any other special instructions. If you have questions about the project, you can send an email to the Opportunity Leader listed at the bottom of the project description. If it is an Express Interest opportunity, then the host organization will contact you directly with further information about the volunteer opportunity. You will also receive an email with contact information for the organization so that you can follow up with them if you do not get a response.
How old do I have to be to volunteer?
Because the online privacy of children is important to us, you must be at least 13 years old to register as a volunteer on our website. Although children 12 or younger cannot create an account, several of Hands On Atlanta's volunteer opportunities are open to youth in this age group. We offer projects that accommodate volunteers as young as 5. All volunteers under the age of 18 must bring a youth waiver form signed by their parent or guardian with them to the project.