1 DAY | 50 PROJECTS | 3,000 VOLUNTEERS | 10,000 HOURS
Thank you for supporting our 27th Annual Hands On Atlanta Day! By serving with us, you and your employees will be joining thousands of volunteers at 50 project sites project sites throughout Greater Atlanta.
Hands On Atlanta Day is the ONE DAY of the year when we ask ALL ATLANTANS—whether ITP or OTP—to come out and serve together to tackle issues affecting our city. Volunteers aren’t only making a more vibrant city, but building our culture too—one that breaks down silos and connects us all to that which unites us.
Click below to quickly hop to an important date.
NOW! Get the Word Out!
Send a save the date calendar invite and use the attached flyer and your company’s intranet, newsletter, bulletin boards, staff meetings, Wellness Committee, etc. to promote the day of service. Still not sure how to collect sign ups internally? Keep it simple by using an excel spreadsheet OR have employees sign up online by setting up a “Google Doc.”
- Contact your Project Manager (PM) by emailing them (email address provided) to set up a call to discuss the logistics of your project.
- Assign Project Captains and select 1-4 members of your staff to serve as Project Captains to help share information internally and serve as ambassadors on Hands On Atlanta Day. Be sure to include Project Captains in conversations with your Project Manager.
Email project details (or have Project Captains send) a reminder email to staff providing more details about the upcoming volunteer project, including what the team will be doing and how this will help the community!
- Include specific information to your project including: project location/address, registration times and details, transportation, what to wear and how to pick up their t-shirt, provision of food/beverages, information about bringing guests/family and what do to if they have questions.
Provide a final head count to Julianna Cagle (email@example.com) by September 16th. Remember, you can invite friends, family, or clients to your volunteer service project. Please release any volunteer slots that your company will not be using.
Send a reminder email (or assign Project Captain to send a reminder email) about the weekend event, reiterate logistical details and provide a gameday contact number (of Project Captain), and any other last minute procedures that your team should be aware of.
- Project Captains:
- BRING snacks, bottled water, and/or bug spray for your group’s project site (Basic first aid kits should be available at every site)
- SNAP before and after pictures of your group and send to firstname.lastname@example.org or tag us on social media (FB & Twitter: @handsonatlanta / Instagram: @handsonatl).
- SHARE your experience and photos on social media and USE social media tags #BEHANDSON #HANDSONATL #DoSomethingGood
We want this experience to be a meaningful and memorable one for ALL of the employees in your group. Here are a few ways you can help ensure your teams are prepared, informed, and PUMPED about serving the community in which they live and work.
Kick-Off Party at Monday Night Brewery's The Garage (West End). Join Hands On Atlanta on Wednesday, October 4 at 6:30pm for drinks, games, networking, and to pick up your volunteer t-shirts. Click here for more info and event details or email email@example.com. If you or a member of your team CANNOT join us at the kick-off, be sure to arrange to pick up your team's t-shirts from Hands On Atlanta’s HQ or arrange to have them delivered to you.
OCTOBER 7 GAME DAY!
LIST OF PROJECTS
MAP OF PROJECTS
A huge THANK YOU to our sponsors!
IBM PGi Morris Manning Martin
Atlanticus BakerHostetler CBRE
Crosslink Spine Deloitte Manhattan Associates, Inc.
Johnson Controls Blue Sky Inc. Worldpay
To learn more about joining our team of sponsors and to explore ALL of the marketing and employee engagement opportunities for Hands On Atlanta Day, contact gifted juggler and Chief FUNdraiser:
Julianna Cagle, Director of Development
p: 404.979.2838 e: firstname.lastname@example.org