DISCOVERY PROGRAM MANAGER
Do you want to help volunteers better serve children? Do you want to show students that there are a lot of people in their community who want them to succeed, despite socioeconomic and academic challenges? Do you have some great ideas for bringing innovation to a well-respected weekend tutoring and enrichment program? Do you believe that all students can learn and that all students can be successful? Have you ever wondered what it would be like to juggle curriculum, volunteers, and project management simultaneously? If you answer “yes” to these then you may be a good fit with Hands On Atlanta as our new Discovery Program Manager!
- A storied, 25+ year history performing at the forefront of school-based volunteer engagement
- A team of fun and passionate professionals dedicated to impacting students and communities
- An open mind for new ideas and methods
- Programs that are impacting the lives of thousands of under-resourced youth across Atlanta
- The project management skills to plan and implement a quality Saturday tutoring/mentoring program at six school sites in three districts
- The confidence to strengthen current and build new partnerships
- An ability to relate to and meet the needs of diverse stakeholders – from principals and teachers to volunteers to parents and of course, students
- A “level head” that is calm, collaborative and solutions-oriented under pressure
- A comfort with deadlines – keeping yourself and others accountable for multiple deliverables
- The motivation to learn and consistently improve our processes and resources
YOU MIGHT DESCRIBE YOURSELF LIKE THIS:
A self-starter who takes risks to make a big difference. You love to learn and learn to grow. You are motivated and driven to help others serve students at their schools on weekends and after traditional school hours. You pay attention to details. As far as you are concerned, anything worth doing is worth doing right. You stay focused and nothing falls through the cracks on your watch. You volunteer for new challenges without waiting to be asked. You’re going to take ownership of the time you spend with us and truly make a difference.
- Program management – achieving HOA goals across multiple sites and throughout the year
- Volunteer engagement
- Lesson planning
- Identifying and analyzing program successes and areas of growth.
- 2+ years of experience managing education or youth development programs
- 2+ years of training and/or managing volunteers
- Experience/familiarity with elementary curricula, especially STEM and ELA models
- Excellent organizational, time management and customer service skills
- Ability to collect, track, analyze, and report on data
- Experience managing and utilizing program budget in a fiscally responsible manner
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Valid GA Driver’s License
OK, LET'S TALK:
To become Hands On Atlanta’s next Discovery Program Manager, you must strike the right balance of school partnership, volunteer management, and people skills. Make sure we can see your abilities to develop and manage educational programs and to inspire and engage people in mentoring youth in your cover letter and resume. Also, please include your salary requirement and three professional references.
This role reports directly to and works with the Associate Director of Education Programs, Louis Metcalf. To apply, please email him your resume and cover letter.You can send a resume and cover letter.
We would recommend you find a warm introduction. What better way to highlight your awesome people skills!
Equal Opportunity Employer Hands On Atlanta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hands On Atlanta complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
600 Means Street Northwest
Atlanta, GA, 30318