Talk with Me Baby @ Work is a 3 week program, utilizing volunteers to facilitate workshops that train caregivers how to create intentional interactions with their children to boost development.
WHY IT MATTERS
Talking with your baby helps grow your baby’s brain. Learn how early exposure to language can help a child build vocabulary, communicate better with adults, be ready for kindergarten and develop an essential life skill: the ability to read by the end of third grade.
TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE WORD GAP CLICK HERE
Children who miss the opportunity to build a strong foundation in early childhood may experience detrimental effects on the development of critical thinking, vocabulary, and literacy skills. Talk With Me Baby @ Work provides parents and caregivers with the information necessary to build a strong foundation for all future learning.
build a foundation
develop the future
Support parents as they nurture, educate, and engage with their young children to influence both the stability of the current workforce as well as the future employee pipeline. Companies can use Talk With Me Baby @ Work as an employee benefit program to recruit and retain employees, enhance employee engagement, and morale.
HOW IT WORKS
In collaboration with businesses, community volunteers, and places of worship, Talk With Me Baby @ Work consists of three one-hour sessions and can be implemented with parents, expectant parents, and caregivers. Hands On Atlanta will train volunteers to implement Talk With Me Baby @ Work sessions, ensuring children have high quality experiences in early childhood and build their foundation for future learning.
- Session One: Responsive Interactions, Brain Development and Developmental Milestones
- Session Two: Becoming your child’s conversational partner, Serve & Return, Parentese, and Tier 1 & Tier 2 Words
- Session Three: Interactive Storybook Reading
bring TWMB@W to your office
There is flexibility in the delivery of this program as Talk With Me Baby @ Work can either provide facilitators for the sessions or we can train your employees on how to facilitate the curriculum. This program is designed to be very resource- minimal so there will be no cost to your business to host these sessions.
- Set dates/time for the three one-hour sessions
- Act as a liaison between the Talk With Me Baby @ Work program and your employees
- Have a space that holds 8-12 parents or caregivers, is connected to the Internet, and has the capability to show PowerPoint and videos
- Promote the program and recruit parents and caregivers of children prenatal to five
- Trained facilitators, curriculum, and program materials
- Photocopies and other tools to help communicate and promote the program to your employees
- Data on the impact of the sessions for your employees as well as anecdotal information on employee experiences or responses
- Access to other programs and initiatives that support working families and young children