Hands On Atlanta is tackling Atlanta's most pressing needs and serving Atlanta's most vulnerable communities. Through Hands On Atlanta programming, we provide focused impact in the areas of Youth Development, Education, and Family Support & Self-Sufficiency.
Youth Action Council
Provides service-minded teens an opportunity to go beyond volunteering to identify and address needs, assets and interests in Greater Atlanta communities.
What is the Youth Action Council?
Hands On Atlanta's Youth Action Council is an organized group of 15 teens ages 13-17 who serve alongside Hands On Atlanta staff to execute service opportunities for youth and families. Youth Action Council members will learn how to plan and execute their own service project for Global Youth Service Day 2017. As a Youth Action Council member you will learn to...
- Research and identify needs, assets, and interests in your community and possible service projects needed.
- Work effectively with youth from unique perspectives and backgrounds.
- Budget, address an audience, and delegate responsibilities.
- Engage youth and your peers effectively.
- Partner with a thriving nonprofit organization focused on youth and service.
Youth will meet twice a month from November 2016-April 2017 at the Hands On Atlanta office and service opportunities will take place around metro Atlanta.
Click here to receive updates about Teen Service Saturdays!